ENSU offers a number of benefits to employees. This page details some of the benefits and includes links to many start-up questions and forms for new and long-time employees. If you have questions or can't find what you're looking for, please contact the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator by clicking on the link below.
Employment Application for substitute, custodial, non-sports, unlicensed positions (if possible, please apply through School Spring)
I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification (expires 10/31/2022)
List of Acceptable Employment Identification
VT Form HC-2 Declaration of Healthcare Coverage
UNUM Beneficiary Form
Vermont Statute (16 V.S.A. Sections 251-260) requires/authorizes criminal background investigations and registry checks within the Vermont Department for Children and Families (DCF), the Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living (DDAIL), and the Vermont Crime Information Center (VCIC) on the following individuals:
- All school employees (full-time, part-time and temporary - including substitutes) being recommended for employment
- A person directly under contract with the school district
- Contractors and employees of contractors
- Mentors, volunteers, coaches, chaperones, bus drivers and work-study students
Individuals will be required to provide fingerprints, sign releases and give information necessary to conduct background investigations. The cost of the procedures shall be the responsibility of the individual for whom the background check is being requested.
Who do I contact for more information?
Please contact Christi Rancourt, Payroll and Benefits Coordinator at the information below to schedule an appointment to complete the background investigation process. The documentation required to complete the background investigation will be provided at your fingerprinting appointment.
What do I need to complete my background check?
You will need to bring the following to complete your background check:
- Payment to Canaan School District in the form of cash or check, to cover the cost of the Criminal Record Check processing which is currently set at $13.25
- Payment to Essex County Sheriffs Office in the form of CASH only in the amount of $25.00 to cover the process of having your fingerprints taken
- Valid Drivers License
If the applicant had a criminal record check completed previously at another authorized Vermont educational institution, the applicant can complete a release form for secondary dissemination. If you feel you qualify for secondary dissemination, please contact Christi at the information below.
Essex North Supervisory Union reserves the right to recheck anyone who has undergone a previous record check, effective 12/31/2010.
- This is where you will locate HRA/HSA coverages per employee category
Essex North Supervisory Union will hold open enrollment November 2 – November 10, 2020.
Everyone will have a document to complete, even if you decline!Open enrollment is your opportunity to make changes to your health benefits coverage.
Vermont Education Health Initiative Website
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont Website
Benefits of the Vermont Education Health Initiative
Health Insurance Enrollment and Change Form
Health Plan FY21 Approved Rates
Health Plan FY22 Approved Rates
Flexible Spending Accounts: A Simple Way to Save
Flexible Spending Account: Enrollment Form
Health Equity Direct Deposit Form
The Complete Health Savings Account Guidebook
Health Reimbursement Arrangements
Information from the U.S. Department of Labor Resources
- FMLA Employee Guide
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Employee Protections under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- FMLA leave for birth, placement, bonding, or to care for a child with a serious health condition on the basis of an “in loco parentis” relationship
- The definition of “parent” as it applies to an individual who stood in loco parentis to an employee for FMLA “eldercare” protections.
- Employee Notice Requirements under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Qualifying Reasons for Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Certification of a Serious Health Condition under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Calculation of Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act for Spouses Working for the Same Employer
- Protection for Individuals under the FMLA
Useful Resources and Information for Employees
IVisions - ENSU (Employee Self Service Infinite Visions Link)
IVisions - CSD (Employee Self Service Infinite Visions Link)
VT - National Education Association (Vermont Educators Union)
Open Enrollment is November 1 - X, 2021.
If you are interested in an employment opportunity at Essex North Supervisory Union or Canaan School District, please visit SchoolSpring as all of our current positions are advertised there. If you are unable to complete an online application through SchoolSpring, please email Christi Rancourt or call 802-266-3330 ext. 201 for the appropriate application.
Applications may be mailed to:
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Essex North Supervisory Union
P.O. Box 100
318 Christian HL
Canaan, VT 05903
Essex North Supervisory Union is an equal opportunity employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Essex North Supervisory Union does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability status or veteran status.
This policy applies to hiring, compensation, promotion, and all other terms and conditions of employment including any other category protected under applicable law.